Thursday, March 03, 2005

13 random things about me...

at the suggestion of summer (and i'm even copying her format) here's some random shit you've never wanted to know about me:

13 random things i love:



1. my ipod
2. pool tables/playing pool
3. live music/concerts
4. swimming
5. square patterns
6. activism
7. traveling
8. comfy pajamas
9. waking up to the sounds of life in bangladesh
10. warm weather
11. hanging out at my neighborhood coffee shop with a good book
12. a nice, long, hot shower with good water pressure
13. my new bed

12 movies:



1. fire
2. heat
3. bound
4. a bronx tale
5. boys don't cry (hard to watch, but a poignant flick)
6. kids (also hard to watch; also poignant)
7. wolf
8. the sixth sense
9. st. elmo’s fire
10. mo better blues
11. great expectations
12. monster

11 good bands/artists:



1. meshell ndegeocello
2. bob marley
3. lenny kravitz
4. prince
5. u2
6. gil scott heron
7. ani difranco
8. annie lennox/eurythmics
9. a tribe called quest
10. tracy chapman
11. sade

10 things about me physically/personality:



1. vertically challenged at 5’ 2”
2. mellow
3. laid back/easy going
4. terribly opinionated
5. adaptable
6. obsessive about some things
7. i have a little belly, though some have called it cute
8. not afraid to cry
9. sometimes stubborn
10. shy

9 favorite songs:



1. mellow mood – bob marley
2. faithful – meshell ndegeocello
3. sister – lenny kravitz
4. the bottle – gil scott heron
5. is it a crime? - sade
6. i wanna be your lover - prince
7. the promise – tracy chapman
8. educated guess – ani difranco
9. mary magdalene – meshell nedegeocello

8 favorite foods/drinks:



1. chicken curry!
2. chamomile tea
3. samosa
4. water
5. absolute citron/cranberry juice
6. shrimp dopiaza (curry)
7. stir fried noodles with beef or chicken
8. larb gai (thai dish with ground chicken and spices)

7 things i always wear:



1. my watch
2. a necklace my mom gave me when i graduated high school
3. hanes hipsters (and um.. yeah.. i look that good in them.. sure, uh huh)
4. vs second skin satin bras
5. flats, never heels
6. pants, never skirts
7. t-shirts

6 pet peeves:



1. people who aren’t punctual
2. men who come to my house and leave the toilet seat up
3. piss remains on toilet seats
4. mixing pork items with non-pork items on the same plate
5. ripe smelling bums that stink up an entire train
6. people who have no spatial consideration

5 things i touch everyday



1. my face
2. my hair
3. my toothbrush
4. soap
5. tv remote to turn on the news

4 shows i watch:



1. west wing
2. nip/tuck
3. golden girls
4. cnn headline news

3 celebrities i have a crush on:



1. meshell ndegeocello
2. lenny kravitz
3. johnny depp

2 current wishes:



1. to quit my job, travel the world and end up a beach bum
2. to live a fulfilling existence that i can look back on fondly

1 person you could spend the rest of your life with:



1. myself