Tuesday, March 15, 2005

nosey motherfucker...



i hate sitting in cubicles. and i'm beginning to develop a severe dislike for the guy who sits in front of me. we're actually friends.. despite several differences between us.. like the fact that he's a republican among other slightly less heinous attributes.

anyway, lately i've been noticing a trend with him. he claims to be somewhat hard of hearing, yet every so often he'll ask me about something that i just got through discussing with someone else on the phone! i mean, i realize cubicles are open spaces and i try to keep my voice down and all. but this shit is starting to get ridiculous! it's happened like 12 days in a row now where he'll ask me a question about something that i didn't even bring up in conversation. and later i'll realize that he must've overheard me talking about it with a, b or c on the phone. and i'm like.. whatsthefuck? the other day i called my dentist to verify my next appointment and considering it didn't qualify as a secretive conversation i wasn't all trying to be hush hush about it. but as soon as i hung up he turned around to say, "so how do you like your new dentist?".

again.. whatsthefuck?

at any rate... i've been trying to keep my voice down lately and this morning i had a particularly low-toned and very confidential conversation with a woman who used to work at my office. as soon as i hung up, he goes "were you just talking to so-and-so? how's she doing?". at this point i'm fucking furious. i mean, damn.. at least pretend like you weren't trying to eavesdrop on my conversation! i personally never hear any of his conversations because frankly, i don't give a flying fuck who he's talking to or what he's talking about! i'm either too busy working or fucking off to even bother paying attention to what is going on in front of me in his cube. can i not get the same courtesy?

so this afternoon at lunch, as we were talking about random shit, he proceeded to bring up yet another topic of conversation regarding my life that i just chatted with a friend about over the phone... and this was the last straw. i looked at him point blank and said "damn, p. you either have way better hearing than you claim to have or i'm one loud motherfucker when i talk on the phone... do you listen to all my conversations?!!". and of course he replies "i try not to" to which i replied "sure you do" and left it at that.

i'm so annoyed. i'm so ready to get the fuck out of this place. when a person you actually used to like starts annoying you, you know it's time to go.